Friday, January 1, 2016

The Surprising Highs and Lows of 2015

  
The most popular posts of the year happened to coincide with my personal highs
and lows.  This was kind of a surprise to me, but in a way it shouldn't be as I 
feel connected to my readers and when something big happens, good or bad,
I see it in the statistical numbers that registers on this blog.
Starting off with the most popular post was when I announced my home
would be featured in Matthew Mead's new magazine, DECORATING.
It was an absolute thrill to have him come and photograph my home and 
see it come to life in the pages of this glossy first class publication.
The second most popular post of last year was titled 
Our Family's Heartbreak. 
I shared the devastating news that my daughter-in-law's
adorable sister Taylor was in heart failure and needed a heart transplant.
One year later I am so happy to say that she got her new heart right after Thanksgiving,
almost a year to the day.  The old saying about if you don't have your health you don't have
anything is right on the money.  We are all wishing Tay a speedy recovery so she can start enjoying this new year full of vigor and excitement! And we, as her extended family, 
want to thank all of my readers and others who donated to her GoFundMe campaign 
to help her stay on stable financial ground so she can concentrate on just getting better. 
 The world is a loving place, and this post of  heartbreak has a happy ending. 
I said farewell to my shop Maison Decor and my role as shopkeeper.
This was the biggest high of my year, as it gave me back my freedom to 
do all things I loved and had missed in the three years I was on this personal detour.
Read my goodbye to Maison Decor post here. It was the third most popular post I 
published in the year 2015.  I don't miss it one bit by the way, as I am back to decorating
my home and blogging and raising my puppy and spending time as mom and wife at home.
The sudden loss of our darling dog Dillon was the 4th most popular post.
It is my low of 2015, and I am happy to say there were very few lows
in the entire year.  This was a big blow for us, 
and I found it hard to be at home without him.  The void was palpable.
And I guess as it should be, the stats pointed to my new direction
of fixing up the house and decorating it, as I did in the post 
Mr. Maison Decor and I added the French doors in the dining room just
in time for me to feature them in this Christmas decorating post.
I am looking forward to 2016 to do more decorating and home projects
along with my hubs as our new puppy, Colby satellites around us.
This dining room project was super fulfilling and we love the results.
Speaking of Colby....
he is getting bigger and minding his manners like a good boy now.
We had three parties over the holiday season and he was a STAR!
We are thrilled with him as our new addition and while there isn't a big 
ranking post on Colby, I just have to add him as another high for the year.
Looking forward to a year of everyday life and adventures with my hero
hubs and best all around guy in the world. 
 Hoping we continue to enjoy good health and all 
that life has to offer for us, our children and parents in 2016.
Wishing all of you a year full of JOY and PEACE and FULFILLMENT.

 photo signature_zpsxi5q1w6r.png

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you DD and best wishes for the same.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Happy New Year to one of the most creative and lovely ones on the planet!!

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a wonderful 2016 Amy - I count our friendship as a high for my 2015 list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Ellen. My highs that came from the Matthew Mead introduction included you and the others that we have all gotten to know over the last year. Our merry little Matthew band. xo

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! I also don't miss tending shop, even if it was for the most glorious high end antiques....so nice to have a day to myself, and then another and another....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It feels luxurious now...although I loved the store in a way, I hated how it was all or nothing....

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful blog! Thank you so much for sharing yourself, Amy!

    Happy New Year to your and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Your home looks amazing. I love the colors and how warm it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kathleen. I will be doing more changes so i hope you enjoy my decisions.

      Delete
  7. What a year you have had! Things seem so good for you now and you so deserve after those 3 years of super hard work! I hope 2016 is one of your best years yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh boy, I never worked that hard in my life...so great to have balance back in every day. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  8. Such happy wonderful news about Taylor❣

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a great year, and one that you will never forget, I am sure. We felt your pain with the loss of Dillon, and were overjoyed to hear the news of the new heart : ) Hopefully 2016 will continue to be joyful and that you will share it all with us! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Susan, Happy New Year! Thank you and wishing you and your hubs a great 2016. I will be making the trip to your booth at Todd Farm this year for sure. xo

      Delete
  10. Wishing you a wonderful 2016, filled with love, laughter, joy, and lots of fun surprises!
    Cindy
    Edith & Evelyn Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Cindy, hoping you have an awesome year, and I look forward to the inspiration you provide me and all those who love the French vintage look. xo

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year Amy! We just adopted a new puppy last week and I forgot how much of a life change it is! I hope I can get thru it. It's the first time I have ever had two dogs at once. He's up at night needing to go out and the constant monitoring.... oy! Will I ever be able to go the grocery store or shower again? LOL
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcy, just figure on having not much of a life for the first three MONTHS!!! Only doggy time...and more doggy time. Then it pays off bigtime. We are now reaping the rewards for my efforts/.

      Delete
  12. Such a beautiful picture of the two of you on horseback. It is deserving of wall space in your pretty home. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...