Thursday, October 24, 2013

Changes we love and a Mora Clock review

 So many of my blog readers will never step foot through our doors, so 
often I keep those of you in mind so you can see what it feels like in the shop.
Maison Decor is located at 150 Main Street, Reading, Mass in a suburban 
New England town and we feel right at home after getting such a warm welcome
from so many who live here.  I love that many mention how pleased they are
to have a small independent business in their town, and not another chain or big box
store or pizza place popping up.  The "shopping local" philosophy 
is truly what helps our small family business succeed!  Without our
shoppers continued support we would never be able to make it.
Do you know we love when one of our "regulars" walks in and 
checks out the latest and even if we don't have what they want this time,
they promise to be back.  And yes they do come back!
Many of our things are one of a kinds and they are sold quickly.
So come look around and just say hi~or ask us if you are looking for anything
in particular, we are also furniture hunters.  We have a customer request list that 
is filled with the particulars they are looking for.  We will send an email or 
a text and shoot over a photo when we track down something they might like.
 So thank you thank you thank you to all of our new customers and old regulars!  And for those of you  sitting in your armchairs in Texas, (or where ever) this post is for you!  We took our big long industrial table and turned it into our check out counter.  We love how it looks.  I made a burlap skirt for the front 
by stapling it underneath and it is working out great.  Its the perfect height for a counter too.  You can see Justin at work on the computer at a desk we have facing the wall underneath the color chart display.
 This old industrial table was actually used for assembling the tops to bombs in World War II.
It has seen a lifetime of activity, but I bet it likes being in our store best!
 Other vignettes come together when we get new things in, 
like a pair of tufted back club chairs.
This series of Pagoda Prints is wonderful and we do
 sell them separately if all you need is one.
 Grey and metallic and iron all mix it up on a dresser top.  
 Justin created this Book on Hooks whimsical display. 
 Its pure nonsense, but so fun to look at! Does anyone else think 
it reminds them of a Harry Potter moment?  
The hooks are branches and they were installed upside down, 
and the books are vintage.
 Nothing whimsical about this vignette~
its old school European country.
Our lovely antique mora flanks a country chest.
 Colors are French Linen/Old White Chalk Paint mix of 50/50 
for the grey areas, and Old Ochre Chalk Paint for the rest of the piece. 
Its ultra soft and elegant looking with just a bit of distressing.
 Only clear wax for the finish, no dark wax at all.  
This piece is getting lots of looks and the price is right...
I have a feeling it won't be around long.
So if you are in the neighborhood stop by and say hello and see if we 
have anything for your home, or ask us to look for what you need.
Justin will add it to the list on our computer.  Or give us a call on our
official french hotline! Can you see that old phone behind J? 
Yup, it works and we use it all the time. 
This week I am taking 3 days off!! You wanna know why?

Because we are hosting an Engagement dinner here 
this weekend and I need to whip everything into shape.
Mr. Maison Decor came home last night and said it 
felt like the good old days around the house~everything is
getting sparkled up and straightened out and I will be taking
pics of it all and showing if off right here!
Until then~have a great weekend!

Oh yeah....I almost forgot!  The Deluxe Mora Clock review!!
 We got the most lovely call from Antoinette who lives in the Hamptons. 
 She ordered a Gustavian Grey Deluxe Mora clock last month.  
We figured she was  pretty nervous
 about it because both Justin and I had spoken to her on the phone.  
Well she called today to say it had come and as she 
unwrapped it she was so happy with how stunningly beautiful it was!
Justin spent many hours on that clock and in particular the clock face
and she was beyond happy with it.  We were happy she picked up the 
phone for the third time to let us know she was very a satisfied customer.
So if any of you are on the fence, we have been getting very nice 
comments on them after they have been received.



Go to our website above for more information on workshops,
mora clocks, furniture as well as Chalk Paint®!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Your shop is fabulous, everything looks amazing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shop looks beautiful, Amy! I'm loving all the pieces I'm seeing. That grey and Old Ochre dresser is beautiful and the chandelier I can see in the first picture is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amy you have accomplished so much and Justin is just great at what he does!

    Have a fun party!

    xoxo
    Karena
    New_2013 Designer Series

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad the locals are supporting you, Amy. That is the hinge that your success swings on. Your shop is wonderful and I can almost smell the scent of freshly painted pieces and I bet there's a hint of spice in the air there this time of year.

    Love the book on a hook! It is very Harry Potterish! Have a wonderful weekend-hope you make lots of sales- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, your store looks like somewhere I could spend hours! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shop and wish it were in my hometown of Paso Robles, CA. I see a Moira clock in my future....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amy, how I wish I could visit your shop. My husband would not enjoy my visit too much because I would shop, shop, shop!!! So many beautiful items. I can't wait to get in our new home we are building to pick a perfect place for the Mora clock you made for me!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I had to laugh, I'm sitting in my armchair here in Houston, Texas reading your post! haha!! I've been quietly following you for a long time and love your blog and your shops. The tips you give are very helpful and your work is gorgeous! You are such an inspiration...I love your story and what all you've accomplished! I don't know if I will ever be able to visit your shops, but if I'm ever in the area, you'll be first on my list!
    Congratulations on all your success! I'm very happy for you and your hardworking family!
    Sharlotte
    Sharlotte's Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful celebration! I can't wait for pics of your home as those original posts were what first drew me to your blog. Don't get me wrong, love knowing everything about the shop, but it was the person (you!) in her house that I first fell for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful celebration! I can't wait for pics of your home as those original posts were what first drew me to your blog. Don't get me wrong, love knowing everything about the shop, but it was the person (you!) in her house that I first fell for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I left a comment here. I guess I imagined what I was going to write and then forgot to write it. Love the way the store is looking. I really love the book display...isn't that magical? The clock looks fabulous. so much fun painting...isn't it? If I ever get my living room and dining room done, I know I'm going to be all inspired to paint things because all will look so much better with my new walls. I'm working on it today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woww what a wonderful display! Amy your shop looks beautiful and chic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally i get to come catch up on you! I think i may die over that desk... That's one of the prettiest paint jobs ever ever ever... I i walked in and saw that in the shop it would be gone in a flash... I like Justin's book's on hooks! It's very clever... and the industrial desk/table couldn't be more perfect. Everything about it is wonderful, never sell that!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...