Friday, February 22, 2013

A few favorite before and afters! Boston hours change

Note: Store hour changes for Boston only~
BOSTON STORE HOURS 
FRI SAT SUN 11-4
857-250-2516
Effective February 22, 2013

MALDEN STORE HOURS
Remaining the same 
TUES WED THURS 11-5
FRI 11-2
SAT 11-3
781-324-0701

BEFORE AND AFTERS!
Hands down, this chair is my favorite makeover project!
I loved how it came out so much I painted another one and took them
home with me for my dining room.  
The before chair is a tired faux leather chair with great bones.
Read how I used Chalk Paint® to recreate the chair here.
Another fav was this glamorous coffee table!
From rags to riches! 
I hated selling this pretty music cabinet.
These are the  pieces I fall in love with!!!
Dings dents and crooked hardware aside...
 A thing of beauty is the end result!
More about creating an antique French look for the music cabinet transformation here.

I've seen a lot of these at auction and I scoop em up!
Knowing full well that 1970s gold and cream paint job will soon be history.
Voila! A dramatic change and it turned out gorgeous!
I don't think I have blogged about this one yet as I just did it
and it sold quickly.  So the information on this how to is essentially
a Graphite Chalk Paint base with a dry brushing of Pearl Plaster by
Artisan Enhancements, then Clear and Dark waxes. 
It came out stunning!
Meanwhile back at the Malden store during the week, 
Justin and I can explore more creative techniques as well as do the necessary but mundane things
like getting orders placed for inventory and moving furniture and displays around.
Pretty soon the  Maison Decor Dream Team will be full time!
Colin comes home every weekend now, but its just not enough!!
After he graduates college in May he will be a permanent fixture.
This Saturday he will get out our furniture deliveries before the snow flies.
Another storm is predicted and it may force cancellation of my Sunday 2/24/13
workshop, which will be a first. All attendees will be 
getting an email the night  before as to the class status.     
          Kingsley will be IN THE HOUSE next week as well!
I will be babysitting my little granddog while son #2 Brandon
hits NYC with his GF Mimi.
Then I will be off for 5 days to Colorado on a creative retreat
with Robyn Story of Robyn Story Designs! A few other Annie Sloan galpals
are invited as well to Robyn's home where we plan to spend the majority of
our time in pajamas doing some painting, talking, drinking, and chilling out.
This Annie Sloan retail business is quite an undertaking and 
all of us need some R&R.                                                                                                                                     
                 

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. They are all gorgeous Amy...but I too love the chair...perfect! Congrats to you and your stores, your family joining you full-time and that sweet pup!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the before and afters.. Just fabulous !!!!!!! Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that the chair is one of my top favorites in your makeover portfolio, Amy! Such a great color combo. You'll have to show us how they look in your dining room when you get time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so many great things happening over there and so much to admire. The desk, the chair that night stand/end table in black..all are just amazingly beautiful and I love how this is a family affair.....very sweet. You are one busy lady but if anyone can handle it, its you...superwoman aka Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to see a post! I have been remiss in visiting since I lost my brother. I am so glad that you are going to get a chance to get away. You work way too hard! I am also tickled that your sons are such a big part of what you are doing! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that blue chair, amy. and the evening of cocktails and creativity you have planned sounds right up my alley!

    smiles to you, lovely.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful transformations Amy!How cool to have your sons working with you!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing you and your sons working together on things. How fun! Your little Grand dog is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing your favorite makeovers!...they are always a great pleasure to see again...Have fun in Colorado...is it in the Denver area...?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!
    You left out the biggest before and after!
    Helping me set up my blog, and hooking me on chalk paint!!!
    Before Amy......sad little Betsy.....
    After Amy........crazed blogger and painter Betsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome transformations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa... those are great transformations! You are becoming quite the pro with paint finishes, those pieces are remarkable! I'll never look at another thrift shop find without thinking it could be made into something beautiful with the Amy touch!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...