Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011 Family scrapbook

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through our house, 
I was getting ready to host our family party.
Before most of the gang arrived, 
I took a few minutes to snap pics of the house with my iPhone. 
The kitchen chandelier had icicles and 
snow flakes hanging from it's wire frame,
a glass of proseco waits on the hostess to get back to her cooking duties.
I had prepared a lasagna with homemade sauce, 
a honeybaked ham, aspargus and pototoes,
delicious homemade coleslaw and a big tossed salad.
Tiny light whites made the room feel magical.
Our stockings were hung by the chimney with care!
 My mom knits all the christmas stockings for the family, 
with the exception of the original 5 stockings for me and my 4 siblings, 
which were knitted by my grandmother.
 Hubs put a dimmer switch on my chandy for me earlier in the day~
it looked so pretty with its blue opaline drops, 
an early xmas gift from my blog reader Betsy!
 This blurry picture shows all of the stockings that St. Nick must fill before morning.
 A rare appearance in the kitchen by Mr. Maison Decor~haha!
 My sons, Brandon and Colin with me and Brandon's girlfriend Mimi.  
Mimi wears a Santa hat every year to our party!
 I spent a lot of the first half of Christmas eve in the kitchen~
 At the sink with my sister Ellen.  
Ellen is wearing a pretty beaded sweater I bought for her~
I loved that it is beaded on the back as well as the front.  
 Lots of picture taking was going on all night long~
I have lots of blurry pictures,
 but this wasn't the time for staging pics. 
 Here Ellen takes a shot of my little brother Brian
 working on the mashed potatoes, 
with my son Colin assisting.
 Mother and son having a good time taking a self portrait!
Brother and sister share a moment over the stove.
  You can see the mosaic transferware creamer night light
 in the mini hutch that I asked Penny to create for me. 
I love how it brings some life the shelf at night.
With my brother in law, Mike, I am modeling 
a blingy cuff bracelet gift with tags attached 
and a new gold pashmina from my exhubs!  
There was lots to eat and drink~ 
Colin with his Dad in the dining room.
and before we knew it the evening was over.
It was Christmas morning! 
Hubs took this pic of Colin in his new robe 
and me in my new pajamas with the dogs by our sides.  
The kids opened more gifts that Santa
 brought and the hectic holiday subsided into calm.
With me in my new cap (from Colin) perched on the top of my head 
 I stole a Christmas nap on the couch. 
The rest of my day was so nice and relaxing~
I spent the entire day with my wonderful husband, my best friend. 
The perfect gift. 





22 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time...spending it with family. And may I say for all the cooking going on your kitchen was so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect Christmas. Love your bracelet and your belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas, Amy! Your menu sounds delicious and the house looks lovely. The best part is having family all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks magical, Amy! You made it so welcoming and the food looks amazing! It's wonderful that you Include your sons' father in your family gathering!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Amy- It sounds like the perfect Christmas. I love all that you did to make your Holiday so perfect for your whole family...and the best part was relaxing in the aftermath! Merry Monday to you- xo Diana ps...that chandelier looks just beautiful with those drops on it. I love it all oveer again-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Amy
    You look fabulous and the house does too
    xxoo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun seeing your your family and your house a filled up at Christmas... And, i love love the photo of you crashed on the sofa with your hat on... too cute! It all might be fun, but it is all hard work too!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, perfect Christmas!! Your family...your home...your hearts....how absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful Christmas, Amy! Enjoyed seeing the family scrapbook. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic....the house looks picture perfect, Amy! Like a winter wonderland...and the whole family is beautiful too..you are very blessed!
    That last picture is a keeper:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful holiday weekend you had. Your house and yourself looked wonderful and it looks like a good time was had by all!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post! Looks like you had a nice party at your house and a great Christmas morning. I spent Christmas Eve with my family too. I have been busy getting my house back in order today. It's a long process. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a fun Christmas. Love that last shot. That's pretty much the way I was at the end of the day. Still feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your house looks lovely....sounds like you had a fabulous holiday!! best wishes for a happy and joyful new year to you and your family!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy, this is a truly beautiful post. I love that your boys father was there and brought you a gift....you guys obviously put your kids first, and it is so nice to see. They are handsome and lucky boys! And your whole house looked magical!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Amy thank you so very much for making the time to visit me during the holidays I feel so honored with your visit :)

    You family Christmas party looks so fun and one I know I would have had fun attending. Your home looks divine and so Romantic :)

    Happy New Year my friend.
    xox
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  17. What sweet Christmas memories! I hope you have a very Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet to be with family over the holidays. Love your new jammies.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had the perfect holiday with family and loved ones.
    Your home looked lovely!

    Happy New Year Amy!

    janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a very nice time with family this Christmas. Love the jammies and hat! Your home looked very magical and inviting :)

    My home is still under "major rennovation" and the only Christmas decorations out were the wonderful X-mas cards we received from family and friends. Next year we plan to jazz things up!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...